The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1155 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, I don't know what to say except hand me one of those tissues. This is such a brilliant piece, you managed to accomplish what is almost impossible. It's a lessen we all need from time to time. You managed to politely tell people that the MC is an individual and though the berry sender likely has the best intentions but no one knows what another is going through.

Your story reminds me of the time my my sister confronted me. It had been about a year since Mom had died and my sister, even though we were raised by the same parents, had a different way of grieving. I knew no one would ever completely understand me when she said "I'd been grieving Mom long enough. It's time to get over it." She meant well but I would never get over it.

This is such raw, touching piece that many will relate to. I want to hold the MC tightly in my arms and just love her and let her mind go where it needs to. Thank you for such a courageous message.
04/22/11
This was a unique and gentle way to bring us into the room with a person who is grieving. Being a good friend is more important than anything. Great job!
Honest emotions and thoughts were brought together in this heart felt piece. I can so relate to this as I too lost loved ones so dear to me, especially my mom, two years ago. Very creative and tender. Thank you for writing this! God bless you.
Without shaking or pointing a finger you tapped into the truth of mourning, of loss and the pain of sorrow. The gift is in the visit, no words are needed. Excellent piece for all who grieve.
Wow, this is poignant. It made me think about what "boxes" I send to those around me who are grieving, and how I respond to the ones I get. How blessed are all who have an Audrey in our lives.
A very poignant and thought-provoking piece. It's so true that we both send and receive those boxes, each in our own way. There is no right or wrong way to grieve, nor to attempt--however poorly--to sympathize with grief. Thanks so much for sharing this.
04/28/11
Very powerful imagery and emotions, and very cleverly presented. Excellent work!
Congratulations on your highly commended win.
04/28/11
I love stories that teach a lesson and that's certainly what this one does. We all need to take a look at our "good intentions." Congratulations!
04/29/11
Seema, you captured mourning beautifully, love it. Congratulations on the mention!
04/30/11
Thanks for the tissue warning! Grieving comes in many ways, some expected and some not so much. A touching and unique story, beautifully written!
05/05/11
This really makes you think!
WOW, powerful!
08/24/11
Seema, this is absolutely lovely, and I plan to feature it for the Front Page showcase for the week of September 5. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!