The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1505 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Stirring...wrenching. You have portrayed Deceit very well.
10/13/05
Well-done, and a very creative "take" on the topic. Your writing is seductive and you chose precisely the right "sweet" words to create the desired mood. Masterful.
10/13/05
"Masterful" is the right word for this. Might I add "Brilliant" and "Chillingly real".
This is an incredible piece! Wow!
10/13/05
Wow, this is an exceptional piece of writing, a warning to all of us. You've captured the truth of his deception - led astray by our own lustful pleasure. Excellent work!
Excellent entry! I'll think of his gate every time I walk by my own picket fence. :)
10/14/05
Ooooh. Very chilling piece, yet filled with so much thought-provoking truth! I noticed that you changed tenses, first speaking of "those" and "they", then switched to "you." Maybe it was deliberat - I actually liked the progressive change. I thought it added more dimension to this piece.
Well done and exceptionally creative!
Blessings, Lynda
10/14/05
For anyone else wondering, the tense change was deliberate. I wanted to switch the focus from others' and then direct it onto each one of us individually; to hit home. After all, satan is cunning enough to lure any one of us if we're not careful.
10/14/05
Oh, how creative. Satan is so cunning and disguises his ugliness in fake beauty. Nice job!
wonderfully dark and meaningful!
10/15/05
Excellent! I am reminded of a book by Johanna Michelson, called "The Beautiful Side of Evil." Wonderfully written!
10/15/05
Whew - heavy - but excellent. Reminds me of the Lady Folly in Proverbs too. Well done!
10/15/05
Masterful use of poetic language and layered imagery Jo Jo. Well done.
10/16/05
WOW! this has my vote!!
10/18/05
Joanne, this was very, very good. Quite a creative take on the topic and really shows how much you've developed as a writer.

You ranked 9th in the Level 3 list, and 18th overall - out of 145 entries. So well done. I was very impressed.

Love, Deb
Truly amazing work. You hit the nail on the head, describing evil - not as overwhelming darkness, but as a seemingly lovely light. Thank you for your insight. You continue to hear from God, and His voice speakse from you piece. Thanks again.

God bless,

Kevin