The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1157 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/10/05
Thank you for your testimony. Isn't it wonderful what God can do in our marriage when we surrender it to Him!
10/10/05
Yeah, God is the God of Relationships, isn't he? He's so good to us.
Thanks for the blessing, Floyd
Some habits/traditions never change (like flowers on Easter morning)....and yet others are resurrected into something new! This is a powerful testimony, and timely since I'm reading it while burdened by a friend's relational distress. Your message reminds me that there is always HOPE.
10/11/05
I love this entry - it is heart-felt and very well written. I have a sister-in-law going through the same thing so it hits close to home.
One teensy-tiny detail (and I'm only mentioning this because my mom instilled it in me when I was growing up), the line, "the distance between Dave and I grew," should read, "between Dave and me." I always tend to pick up on the "me / I" thing while reading.
Wonderful piece. A strong contender, I'm sure.
Blessings, Lynda
10/11/05
Full circle - from father to son. What a sweet tradition to carry on.
A lovely testimony, full of hope and inspiration, well told and made all the better by its honesty. God bless.
10/12/05
Wonderful, wonderful!
What a beautiful story of hope and love! I feel like I know these two. Your characterizations were endearing and real.
10/13/05
I love the ironic ending after the happy ending. Good job!