The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1046 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Haha! I'm an interpreter and I can vouch for the fact that it's much harder to interpret for someone who is aware of the interpretation going on and is attempting to modify their speach in a way they think will be helpful. Funny story.
His was a delightful story. Sometimes we have to learn lessons the hard way. I really enjoyed this story because my son is studying to be a minister and I can see him learning similar lessons.
12/19/10
I do so enjoy reading these anecdotes from your ministerial training. I also preached in a Chinese church while I was a student but fortunately I was much more comfortable with my interpreter than you evidently were. I think they may even have invited me back! But, no, the opening pun would NOT have worked!
12/21/10
I enjoyed this story from beginning to end. It was well written, had a great mc and a hilarious, if not some-what embarrassing ending. Good timing with the comedy made this a delightful story.
I loved the humor you weaved into this -- a woman of some area. Hehe. Good job!
12/23/10
Enjoyed the read! I particularly like the part "we must serve them at whatever level they are in their journey with Jesus – whether they are still coming towards him or moving on with him!” Like you, I also like training that is down-to-earth. Nicely written and excellent work.