The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1034 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely poem that takes us back to a time that we must never forget. I had chills while reading it. Great fresh take on a difficult topic.
12/12/10
Absolutely love this poem! I can feel your passion for the slaves throughout this well-rhymed piece. Perfect for the topic!
12/13/10
A poem that throws light on a regrettably dark age. Congratulations on embracing the hope as well as the pain. It reminded me of an old National Geographic article on the Underground Rrailway for slaves heading northward. Very well done.
12/13/10
My daughter sang the song, "Follow the Drinking Gourd" for several choir auditions. It's always been a special song filled with meaning for me. You've written this entry just as exquisitely as the original song. Wonderful!
12/14/10
This was excellent & captured
so much in few words...love the title and the symbolism of the drinking gourd.
12/16/10
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your First Place win. The poem was masterfully constructed; a great reminder of the struggle for freedom that is so much a part of our history.

Well done!
12/16/10
Congratulations on your 1st place win. Very creative.
12/16/10
Wow. So good. Congratulations on your EC!
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. I was beginning to think the Lord didn't want me to write because had I never won first place. I prayed last week for Him to show me if I should continue to write by letting me win first place. His answer is loud and clear. Praise His Name!
Congratulations on EC with your excellent poem. Enjoy your win...and your sign!
12/18/10
Congratulations, Patricia, on your Editor's Choice award!