The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 889 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/10
Boy is this intense! What a powerful message and so unexpected! I felt so bad for the boy who ran the Stop sign! Wish he could have gotten a reward for taking care of the dog. I wish I could have given both boy AND dog a big hug.
12/12/10
Wow! This is packed with emotion (from the wounded animal, to the unjust accusation of animal cruelty, to the disclosure concerning Officer Down's son). As a reader, your ending satisfied me and your story definitely held my attention. I think this was extremely creative for the topic!
I felt pity (wounded trustful doggie), alarm (for Casey jumping out of the car instead of waiting with hands on steering wheel), grateful (for the judge's decision) and sad (for the policeman's loss). Guess you did a great job with the writing for me to feel all of that and more!
This is an outstanding story. You managed to put so many excellent messages in it. The ending really surprised me and brought tears to my eyes. This is one of my favorites. Loved it!!
12/13/10
This is a high-octane action-packed story, which kept me hooked from beginning to end.

Well done.
12/14/10
Powerful narrative; strong, credible emotion with a (literal) take no prisoners approach that holds interest all the way through. Great salutary material.
Congratulations for placing 7th in your level!