The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 807 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent writing, concise, with a powerful message.
12/04/10
Sometimes a few words is all that's needed, and this is one of those "sometimes." This so touched my heart. As I read it I was reminded of a former Pastor who does this very thing... A real, breathing example of Christianity in action. Your characterization of the MC was excellent. Great job!
12/04/10
Great characterisation. Really got into your man's head.
A number of years ago I headed up a church based soup kitchen in the Manchester area. Once my wife and I spent a night on the streets in the company of a homeless man we were working with. It was a fantastic insight to be on the other side of the food line, something that your story captures very well indeed.
I really enjoyed the dialog of your MC. The way he talked seemed so real and I could feel his discomfort then his relief. Great job!
12/06/10
This is so well-earthed and potent in its insights on your MC and on his own observations - all echoing my recent ministry and previous years of placing and counselling of long-term unemployed people. Brilliant depiction.
I like your title a lot. Great message. Thanks for writing.
12/06/10
Wish your story could be put in the hands of all those people on the other side of the ladle...I think some eyes and hearts would be opened.Great characterization of the MC.
Strong message.
12/06/10
I liked your mc's voice and characterization. You said so much in just a few words.
Congratulations for placing 11th in your level!