The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 946 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/29/10
I really enjoyed this. Ralph is quite a character, isn't he? A few of your lines gave me a good chuckle, but I think my favorite is "that Baptist taught me some new words." Too funny!
Oh my!! I laughed so hard I had to wipe the spit off my monitor several times before I could continue to read(TMI?). Seriously this was so funny I enjoyed every word.
10/30/10
Too funny!
This was a lot of fun! A few sentences made me slow down and could use some smoothing, but the story and the voice were great!
10/31/10
Lot of fun. Didn't quite get the significance of the title but your story raises a good number of smiles. Well done
11/01/10
I enjoyed this so much. Just wonderin' if the title means ol' Ralph's letter never made it to Cousin Pete. Very funny story.
11/01/10
LOL! So the letter didn't go through -- your poor MC. You had some hilarious lines in this entertaining pigtail. Great humor indeed! :)
11/02/10
Your rural voice is spot-on and hilarious, as is the visual imagery.

I'll admit, though, that I felt a bit squeamish at humor that came at the expense of an accidental death.

I realize this was intended as broad humor or slapstick, and it was extremely successful at that level. This would make a superb read-aloud.
11/05/10
This is an absolute delight to read! So descriptive I could almost picture myself there (but glad I wasn't). This is a winner in my book.