The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1591 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/21/05
I enjoyed your dual message: longing for home, and longing for Home. Your little touches (the toothpaste-flavored coffee) of humor are charming.
09/22/05
A longing of every Christian's heart. Good work!
09/22/05
Just this morning I replied to a friend's email about all the tragedies we're facing right now - both in the world and in our circle of friends - and my comment to her was "I just want to go HOME". How profound to read this piece now. Beautiful work!
09/23/05
Good message and humor Suz, and very easy to relate to.
God Bless, enjoy being home! Karen
09/23/05
Very nice -good details. I've never been a fan of coffee-but toothpaste flavored -shudder lol
09/24/05
There's no place like home. Lovely touch of keeping the focus on 'home', but recognizing that your ultimate focus is Home.
09/24/05
"I sip the coffee, wishing I'd rinsed the toothbrush more thoroughly." Yuk! That's gross Suz! (not really right?) At least we get a real picture of temporary life on the way 'Home.' And a good analogy of this temporary life before we go 'Home.' Good insights - Great job!
Really well-done and a great reminder that our 'real'home is in heaven. I'm just a little confused: why didn't you just stir your coffee with the handle end of the toothbrush? :)
09/29/05
A lovely, well-written reminder that made my own heart 'flit' in anticipation and hope.
10/02/05
Wow, this one's really excellent Suzanne, I like it a lot! For me it didn't just have the dual meaning of home (as in not-a-hotel) and your ultimate Home but also the thoughts of Australia, your REAL home 9earthly home anyway)...or is it? Gets a bit confusing doesn't it!? But you wrote it beautifully, I like the eye you have for everyday details.
10/04/05
Man, I know how you feel. I'm as eagerly awaiting as all of you to go home. :)