The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/10/10
This story is indeed thought provoking. Marriage is not something to be taken lightly, as many people do. We really need to be sure we're doing the right thing before taking that important step of saying "I do". Well written.
09/10/10
My Dad quotes the "God said it, I believe it, that settles it" thing all the time. And it would be just like him to holler at my Mom from the other room while she's cooking in the kitchen. :) Enjoyable characters and a good message. I hope that the pastor will be able to counsel the couple and believe that God will work in their lives.
This is a great story and shows even Pastors struggle at times.
09/12/10
Very realistic story. The couple really needs to be counselled. The Pastor's problem today could become a lifelong problem for them otherwise!
09/16/10
You did a good job of showing how pastors struggle between pleasing man and pleasing God in their ministies. Very, very well-written and a cute title, too!
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level!
09/18/10
I like the way you tackled this difficult issue from several perspectives without prescribing any one perfect solution. I faced something very similar with the first wedding I did, but in that case the couple were already living together and had had children. It can be easy enough preaching the Word; it's putting it into practice that's the hard bit!
09/18/10
Congrats on placing in the top 15! This was a great story. :)