The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1221 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/01/10
Very true....one soul and the angels in Heaven rejoice. Sometimes we long to see several people get saved at our churches every time we have service, but God will reap the harvest.
My minister continually reminds me if I were the only one Jesus could save by dying on the cross, He still would have done it. One soul is important. The story you told reinforces my minister's reminder that Jesus loves me that much.
Nice story. I enjoyed it. Your main characters, especially Monica, struck me as a little too calm during the fight scene. I personally would have been more upset if I seen such a battle. But I really liked the moral to this story. It is important to remember how much God cares about even one soul. Thank you. :)
Realistic glimpse into the lives of missionaries struggling to see "fruit" in their ministry. Nicely told. I can't help but think this story might have been personaly experienced?
08/02/10
This is a good missionary story. It would be hard to keep up hope. Very good message.
An awesome reminder of what someone once told me and I often repeat, "It's not about the numbers." Yes, we want to reach the whole world for Christ, but for each individual we reach, we are changing THIER world forever and on to eternity.

Great job on writing this!
08/02/10
A good realistic story that could very well be a true. Reminds us that missionary work is not as glamorous as some would hope for. Friends of mine were missionaries in Tiawan - very difficult!
Colin
08/03/10
Well written and a really good message. I like the title and the way that despair is overcome by seeing as God sees. Wish we could all do that more often.
Not only was this fascinating seeing the missionary field through the eyes of the missionaries with a precious message indeed, it was perfectly "real".
You wrote this with with a sense of expertise as a missionary, and if not it means an even greater job creating a believable atmosphere, and delivering a strong message.
You gave the reader an excellent insight into the culture here, and, more importantly, into the heart of the missionary. Well done.
With two older sisters who were missionaries for many years, you can imagine how involved I became in this story. A terrific entry. No kidding!