The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1237 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Interesting viewpoint for a story. I enjoyed it. :)
Although some of the technical talk was over my head, I had a feeling I knew who the narrator was and that propelled me through until I was enthralled with the excitement of the dive. I then smiled with satisfaction when I discovered it was the Bloody Red baron of Germany. (of course the mechanic speaking in German was a big clue too)I found myself really enjoying something that I might not normally read.
Not being an avid "height" lover, this had me on the edge of my seat. :) I truly thought the pilot was a gonner when the plane went into that prolonged dive. It was fun seeing this through the pilots eyes.
You definitely had me "in the moment" with this intriquing historical character. Great description in this piece.
08/02/10
I enjoyed this brief glimpse into history. Interesting angle for this week's topic.
Very engaging piece. The techincal talk was a bit over my head as well, but that didn't keep me from reading on. I actuall thought, "Wow! This writer myust really know planes." I think the technical language made the character seem more realistic. Well done!
08/02/10
Quite interesting, and the technical talk which I didn't understand never got dull nor kept me from reading it through! Good job.
Another great story. I loved the descriptions of the climb and then the dive. Well done.
The ease at which you put us in the cockpit, as if this is your life. As if you are at ease with both flying and writing?