The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 981 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ah, yes, those doubting voices, sometimes can be the worst enemy as their attack causes the most horrid side effect--paralysis. True fear that indeed, we are not what we think we are.

You did well in portraying that and took a realistic setting! I liked the title and the way it played out, I can definitely relate to meeting my "online writer buddies" and being more excited than relieved, to know they were just as I thought they were--and my nerves were just that, nerves!

Great job--an enjoyable read!
06/21/10
Enjoyed your story and how the Lord made a way for friendship and presumably success. Writers seem to have a lot more going for them in the USA than in the UK. Thanks for sharing. Colin
A realistic, real life story.
A creative well-written approach to the writer's challenge. Keep writing and God Bless.
This is super! Just how I felt going to the FaithWriters conference. :) I'm wondering why the teacher's name was "Mr. X" - I was waiting for that to be explained. Your writing is crisp and natural, and the story engaged me til the end. Nice!!
I do believe your thoughts have been visiting my own head on occasion. I could definitely relate to the MC. You did a great job in turning the tables and making some wonderful and valid points.
06/24/10
Awesome! =D -huggles- Loved it. ^.^
Congratulations on placing in the top 15 of your level.
06/26/10
Nice to get an insider's look on your trip! ;) I can relate to having those kinds of doubts about my writing -- not necessarily doubts on if I'm meant to be a writer, but doubts as to if I can be a GOOD writer. Many times the Lord uses little things to remind me not to be afraid because I can do all things through His strength.

Praise the Lord that you were able to scatter your doubts through the encouragement of your teacher! :D