The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1363 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/13/10
While this entry may move beyond the topic, you have nailed the attitude that should motivate whatever we do as God's people. Well done.
05/15/10
A great attitude adjuster for receiving critiques, and good points in giving them out.
This read like a devotional, weaving in what God's Word has to say about giving and receiving "critiques", not only in our writing, but in our walks with God, as well. I think it would've been more creative and interesting to include a personal story. Truth, when shared with a story from real life, makes it much more appealing. Good job with this.
05/17/10
Good advice any writer should keep posted in full view...or any non-writer for that matter! Nice devotional/teaching.
Nicely done. Encouragingly and compassionately truthful. Especially liked your direction for keeping God at the center of every motive.
05/18/10
Your beautiful prayer shows a heart in tune with God's (in the desire to NOT want to destroy others…). You've extensively backed up your devotion with Scripture. I can tell this flows from your heart.
Love the honesty and transparency in this as a writer--thanks so much for sharing!
You've made excellent analogies in your wisdom presented here.
How true about us being our own worst critic but like you said we are sometimes blind to our own short comings. I enjoyed this very much and will probably add this to my advice files.