The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 831 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/10
Yes, one could liken sculpting to writing. It takes time, care, love, creativity--and sculpting, to make a writing masterpiece just as the artist (writer) wants it to be. Writing should be a work of art, just as sculpting is...Good poem...Helen
Very beautiful and true.
04/30/10
A lovely and beautiful poem regarding the Sculpture's craft. Excellent job, but a bit far-fetched (in my opinion) of a Writer's craft. But I loved it anyway - Nicely done.
Beautiful job in revealing the eyes, mind and heart of a skillful artist using sculpting as their writing pad.

The written word of God was first "sculpted" in stone, so...nope, gotta kindly and respectfully disagree with you Marilyn as for this being a stretch on the topic.

However, definitely agree this was nicely done.
05/05/10
Beautiful metaphor with the sculptor. I especially like your first stanza about the freeing the princess from her spell. It's perfect!
A beautiful poem! You asked for honest feedback - I, personally, would have a hard time seeing "writer's craft" if I didn't known the topic (or if I hadn't read "On Writing" by S. King, who uses the same metaphor/simile.) If you had substituted "writer" for "sculptor", then yes, it would be perfect. BUT! I'm not good at seeing beneath a metaphor to grasp underlying message. I did enjoy your poem, tho!
05/06/10
I have sculpted many stories for the challenge. I think your metaphor is very on topic... especially when I think of all the times I've had to chisle away words to make my sculpture fit the word count.
I loved the imagery of sculpting a story on the page. I disagree that this is far fetched. In fact, I think it perfectly describes the writing craft quite eloquently. Always a pleasure reading your poetry. :)
05/06/10
Enjoyed the word use, rhythm and messages in this -- all three!
05/11/10
Well done!