The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/05
Very sweet entry! I hope the wedding went well and you survived!:)
09/12/05
Wonderful story! God bless.
09/13/05
Charming article and enjoyable to read. A few POV problems, but otherwise well done.
09/14/05
Very nice--my daughter just got married, too, and you portrayed very well the range of emotions of the mother of the bride.
09/14/05
Beautifully written expression of your heart.
09/14/05
Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Beth. My own daughters are only 4 & 5 and I'm already teary over the prospect of facing this very situation down the road.

Beautiful entry!
Oh, Beth, what beautifully written sentiments straight from a loving mother's heart! I love the bittersweet tone of this piece. One of my favorite lines: "A week from now only a memory will fill the spot in front of my refrigerator where she speaks." Beautiful.
Oh this was such a sweet tale of the emptying of the nest! I clung to every word! Thanks for sharing, Beth! I hope your daughter's wedding goes splendidly!
09/18/05
Wonderful -and congrats :) I loved the helicopters!!!! :)
09/18/05
Very well written. Really captured the emotion. I think you have a strong chance with this one. :-)
09/19/05
Beth,
This is perfect! and you will be so glad that you captured those moments. I especially loved how you captured her interaction with the dog :)
09/21/05
Dear Beth, as I mentioned on the Boards, this story means even more after seeing the photos of your beautiful daughter on her special day. But that's not the only reason I wanted to leave you a message - I also wanted to let you know that you were in the semi-finals for the Bon Voyage Challenge and placed 11th overall (that's across all levels). So well done! Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)