The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/20/10
Hard to see our parent's suffer, but so grand when they can sit up and recognize their Savior!! I know the emotion you write with.
03/21/10
Wow! I loved the ending, especially the subtlety of Margaret recognizing Harry once again. Well done!
03/22/10
Beautiful ending (and title in relation to the story!) You've made a life-situation that was so heart-breaking to be so up-lifting. I think this is a wonderful story! I really, really like this!
What a beautiful story of love and commitment.
This was heart wrenching, and so endearing. What an absolutely wonderful ending. I was almost afraid to keep reading as I didn't expect a joyful ending. Well done!
03/22/10
Wow! How appropriate for the topic. This is so very well written. Excellent job.
This is such an honest account of the heartbreak of our parents aging. I love where you ended it - I would have been tempted to tack on something, but this is perfect.
03/23/10
This is well written. I loved how it ended with God's gift to your father of a return of her memory and the sharing of her dying vision. Touched my heart.
03/25/10
Didn't get the "wow" here, as Christians, that is our expected end. But overall writing and content was excellent good job.
Congrates Connie! I'm so glad for you. A tender story, and thought provoking. You take the time to comment for others on the weekly challenges. You're one cool christian.
Amen.
03/25/10
Congrats on your Advanced win and EC placing. Well-deserved for a great story.
03/25/10
Another vacancy in the Advanced group... ;-) Way to go Connie. A touching story well done.
I'm writing to say thankyou with tears in my eyes. Beautifully written. Like many others, I can so identify with this, having walked a similar path with my lovely Mum. I really love the ending - Thank you and Congratulations on your well placed win.
03/25/10
Lovely, especially the ending. I hope we can all go like that!
03/26/10
Connie, I was so happy to see this on the EC list! Super congrats!
03/26/10
I love the honesty here. No frills. Just a great job, Connie. Huge congratulations!
Wow. This was superb. Congrats on your first place win and your EC, Connie!
03/27/10
Just checked in to see how your story was accepted. I am so very delighted to see it received a first place. It was exceptionally well written. Congratulations!
03/27/10
And apparently an Editor's Choice. Congrats again.
03/30/10
WOW! A superb job on a very difficult topic. This disease is so heartbreaking...I lost my father-in-law to this one. We lose them before we "lose" them...so hard on loved ones.
Congratulations--so deserved.
As one who watched my own father suffer from Alzheimer's, I can appreciate the emotions in this piece. Great ending. Well done.
04/14/10
I love this story, it made me cry as I'm able to relate so well to it.