The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 815 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Leave it to a child to melt the heart of a cranky neighbor. Nice flow to the story and am glad it had a happy ending.
03/14/10
A very sweet story. You created a very good "grouchy" voice for your MC - fitted the theme perfectly.
Oh, I just love this. Lonliness is such a void in anyone's life. Harsh exterior's are always hiding a hurting soul and I loved how you used the precious innocence and love of a child to melt away our little ladies "Hmph's".

Also, really liked the yellow curtain bouncing back in disgust too! :)
This story has the makings of a winner...I hope it is. I loved it.
Quite a story rolled up here! Daffy was precious and I'm glad your MC came around.
03/16/10
I like the change in your character from the grouchy neighbor to a sweet lady. Children sure do melt us. I like your use of Hmph.
I could just see your little 'Daffy', standing at the door with her bright eyes and smile. You kept me reading from start to finish. Great descriptive line--My heart melts right there, practically oozing out on the floor. Well done.
03/18/10
Cute and endearing. What a fun story... but now I'm wanting a chocolate chip cookie. :)
03/19/10
The way you painted Daffy was especially realistic and endearing. I can tell you have a real heart for kids!