The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1169 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/04/10
This is a lovely read,capturing the African setting well. I loved the unexpected find of the mouse in such a pristine place and your last sentence sums it all up beautifully.
03/04/10
I loved how you've juxtaposed so many elements and emotions, and the ending was a real rug-puller. Very descriptive.
03/05/10
I thoroughly enjoyed this!
This was wonderful from beginning to end.
03/08/10
Writing as someone who's currently recovering from malaria, thge emotions conveyed here certainly resonate. We're even stayed near Club Mack although not in quite such luxuriance. An atmospheric tale that speaks powerfully of the bond between the two main characters.
And by the way welcome back to FW. Your absence has been felt. Gregory
There is so much about this entry that makes it truly great! You set up the scene perfectly using strong nouns and verbs. The characters immediately became likable and believable (their weariness and desperate need for rest and relaxation was tangible!) The absolute luxury and relief they experienced made the discovery of the mouse all the more shocking. Thank you for giving us such a vivid glimpse into the lives of these missionaries. What a blessing it was to read!
Congratulations on the top 40!
01/21/11
Donna, I'm going to feature this in the front page showcase for the week of February 21. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!