The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2639 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/05
Very moving! It must have been heartbreaking to be Leah.
01/17/05
Excellent. You definitely feel with her , not just for her.
01/17/05
That is an awesome, your a talented poet.
01/17/05
Very good. you captured the truth of love eyes for only one.
01/18/05
You are a great poet! It's as though you were right there with Leah.
Thanks for writing.
Keep winning and shining for Jesus.
01/18/05
Beautiful. And isn't it interesting that while Leah obviously always wanted her husband's love and never got it, nevertheless she became an ancestor of God's own son - her son, Judah (named by her, name meaning 'to praise God') was father of the tribe into which our Lord was born. Your writing is beautiful ... and it is also comforting to know that God had a very special place for her even though her husband didn't.
Wow. I love this. Beautifully written and so truthful.
Very well done. God bless you.
01/23/05
I think Leah would be pleased with these words
I thought I would read some of your older material too, trying one from each year. You have a great gift for connecting with the story emotionally and then conveying that in beautiful verse. I do hope you will publish a selection one day if you haven't already done so. Many would be blessed by these gems.
Anne.