The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/15/05
Thanks for transporting me right there, to Zion. I loved the descriptions, felt your emotions and hopes for Israel's redemption, and really appreciated the prayer you tucked in the wall. Well done.
An article full of rich, beautiful description. This is my favorite part:

Closing my eyes to block out the mad assault on my senses, I remember Calvary. I remember the immeasurable love of God as all my sin was laid on his sinless Son. I have been to Calvary – not here below this monstrosity of religious cover, but in a little chapel on the other side of the world.

Well put! All who know Him remember Calvary.
Well done! I have never physically been to Israel, but your descriptions make me feel as though I have. And you capture the heart we all need to have for Israel. Thanks for writing.
My favorite part: "Approaching Golgotha, many hearts sink with disappointment at the intrusion of piety destroying our visions. The little hill of Calvary is completely hidden by an enormous and gaudy church. It takes amazing will power and overcoming faith to block out the myriads of distractions and focus on the holiness of this site – the only one on this route with convincing evidence of its authenticity." I'm sure we would all like to see the real thing, just as it was on That Fateful Day. A good travelogue!
08/20/05
A very well written piece. I've never been to the Holy Lands, but you described it very well.
08/20/05
You did a masterful job of writing in the present tense, not always easy to do. Very lovely writing.
08/20/05
I was absorbed from the start! Beautiful writing. I like this phrase: "an assault on my senses"- a clever way to explain it! Now I can say I've been to the Holy Land--I felt like I was there with you! :)
08/20/05
Most awesome entry. One of my dreams is to see the Temple Mount some day. Thanks
08/20/05
Beautiful piece! Thanks for letting me experience the trip vicariously through you.
One word describes this reading for me: Excellent!!

Really enjoyed reading this. Keep up the great work!