The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 992 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/23/09
A good story. A couple of tiny typos. Liked the title and the message of grace.
Good story, good ending. I was glad it didn't have a bad ending to it. You did have a great message that sometimes, with a good supportive family and God, a teenaged mom/wife can make it. Good job. Glad for this uplifting piece this week.
07/27/09
I loved the irony in this line: "Paul considered rushing home to kick his sister in the rear end... she needed to be reminded of her Christian heritage"
Tenderly done with a message of redemption.
07/27/09
Great pace and tone. A believable voice and a happy ending. Very nice job. Too bad about the word count sometimes, on this story I would have liked to read the transition from first news to the birthday party.
God bless.
I was happy this story wasn't all doom and gloom as these stories sometimes are. With a supportive family, these situations can work out. Nicely done.
You really did a great job with the details in this story. The imagery in the paragraph when your mc got the phone call were especially good. You showed the mc's emotions well. I particularly liked the ending.
07/29/09
I'm so glad this had a happy ending! Too many times, girls in this situation make the wrong decision. Fortunately, this young lady had a supportive family and a boyfriend prepared to do the right thing. Thanks for bringing these characters to life!
07/29/09
This sounds so much like one of my family members. It's been about 16 years, too. Same thing, wonderful ending, tight family and a good outcoming.
Enjoyed!
mona
07/30/09
Good job!