The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 947 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/12/09
Ah.. Very clever approach to the empty and full topic! I enjoyed this trip down yesterday's main street. :)
I enjoyed the easy pace of the story, just right for the setting. Well done.
I always like stories that prove the wisdom of listening to your mother. Good ending.
06/15/09
These old western ghost towns are full of such colorful history and you offered us a glimpse into one story. Your love of horses came across. I would buy this story.
Mona
Great story and super take on the topic. I could "see" the almost ghost town. Good job!
06/15/09
Your writing portrayed the emptiness of this town so well which set up the reader for the emptiness within this man. Well done!
06/15/09
Don't tuck this story away once the challenge is over. There's potential here for a novel - fill in the details of what happened from the time he left his wise momma through those heart-wrenching five years. Excellent use of this week's theme. The dialogue was also well-written. I hope you place high in the "ratings" this week. If I were a judge, you would have my vote.
I love old-west stories and this did not disappoint. The squeaking sign and tumbleweeds got me.