The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/21/09
I was in the room with them. Great story. Made me think of my aunt, who is a cancer survivor also.
05/25/09
This made me cry. What a precious time you had with your mom during this waiting period. And what a precious mom. Thanks for sharing her with us.
When I read this I saw my Mom again. Boy, I miss her and times like this when we talked through the illnesses. Very well written and kudos to your mom's lengthly survival.
05/26/09
Precious story with deep love and closeness between mother/daughter.
Mona
05/26/09
This is a very touching story with a nostalgic quality I really enjoyed. Nice writing!
That was a beautiful story. The recollections were just perfect and took me back in time to see the two girls in the same dresses. The title is perfect. It seems to be a dual meaning. Willingness to give up your new dress for your friend was and act of grace and your mother's life was hemmed by grace too. This story was written in such a way that I could hear the voices of each character. Well done.
05/26/09
What a sweet story. This is very well written and I like the trip to the past... :)
05/27/09
A lovely story, beautifully written! The details make it come alive, and the interaction between mother and daughter is very real. Well done!
So poignant. I loved the line about the dads being farmers. Being married to one, I can relate.

This is touching and well-written.
This wonderfully written story is a beautiful tribute to faith in God and to family. I loved this.
05/27/09
Lovely story, and even though the "dress" story could easily have stood alone, the framework of the hospital conversation works very well here. Wonderful tribute to your mother's strength.
05/28/09
Wow, this was really good. I felt as though I was right there in the room with you two. Kudos on your writing.
This writing is MASTERFUL. The dialogue was right on! You have a gift. I had chills starting with the mother's story about the dress and I still have them. I LOVE the perfect title. And I was so glad she wasn't waiting to die. That's what I thought at first. Bravo!
10/02/09
Joy, I'm going to use this story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of October 19. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page...and congratulations!
10/19/09
You know it doesn't get any better when you leave your reader's with tears brimming. Wonderful job! :0)
10/21/09
Very enjoyable story and beautifully written.
10/21/09
So glad your story was showcased as I hadn't read it before. It is a story filled with beauty from within due to a mother's love in action. This touched me on several levels and left me with misty eyes. Great writing.
10/24/09
HIS grace is amazing!! Thank you for sharing this story from your heart, and for telling it so beautifully.