The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1308 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/21/09
Oh, how tender and sweet. this story reminded me of the good Samaritan.
I have a soft spot for all animals, and this story really touched me. I was happy the mc gave Patches a good home.
05/23/09
This one spoke volumes but then again I'm a soft touch for dog stores. Good job.
Ohh, I'm so happy this had a good ending. My heart breaks every time I see a stray dog or cat. A well-written story. Thanks.
05/26/09
This is a very touching, well-written story! You showed that animals can bring out the best in us, if we let them! Good job!
This reads as if it might be true. I love animals, and a good animal story, and this certainly fits that category. Well done.
05/27/09
Yes of course, I loved this. What a lucky dog! Animals are just so awesome. I bet God has a house full. Great story.
Great writing about man's best friend. Quite a touching story for we dog lovers. Nicely done.
I really enjoyed this sweet story--thought it was a girl till I saw "back left foot."
:-)
Awww, I can't resist a doggy story. I'm glad this one had a happy ending. Isn't it amazing how dogs just love to love you? Well written, and highly enjoyable.
05/28/09
Being a dog lover, it didn't take me long, but what caught me off guard was what she was named. I had a Patches too, a stray we had to take to the vet to get better and to try and find a home--she and I were soul-mates for 15 yrs. She died in my arms too. I couldn't let her go any other way. You did a great job on this. I had tears.
05/28/09
I like the story and the way you expressed the feelings of the relationship between the two. The departure of a favorite pet is always heart breaking, an experience all pet owners can feel and understand. Thank you for sharing this story of unconditional love.