The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1400 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/25/09
Oh, I hope there's more to this! Very strong characterization of the king. I really want to know what happened to Joseph and the toddler. Wish you'd had room to tell more of the story!
04/28/09
Wonderful sense of setting in this story.

It was very dialogue-driven, and I found myself wanting to read more of the story. I wonder if you'd consider re-visiting it from a more narrative point of view sometime.

I'd read a longer version of this with great interest!
04/28/09
The Bailiff defending the King's land and the Knight defending the King's subjects... and the King yet to make a decision. Wow! 750 words is simply not enough.
04/28/09
I agree that I'd like to hear more of the story. Compelling characters! I think Joseph should have spoken up earlier about the child... but maybe he hadn't been given the opportunity. Well done.
04/28/09
Excellent dialogue (which I think is the hardest of all the master in writing).
The description of the serfs' lives was especially well done in your story, and you captured the setting well. I'd like to read more.
I enjoyed reading this and the approach to the topic. Interesting moral to the story as well.