The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1388 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/27/09
What a great story. I thought the boy was on some great mission. I was really surprised:) Good writing!
Although I am not a fan of stories of werewolves and magic(putting it mildly)... I have to give you kudos on some excellent writing. It was tense and definitely kept me reading.. wondering what was going to happen next. The details were excellent.
02/28/09
Wow. This is very professionally written. I would be glued to this if it were a published book about a werewolf that cried out to God... and was saved. The light would be saved by THE Light!
Unique take on the topic, that's for sure!
02/28/09
I agree; it's not something that I would enjoy reading or choose to read myself, but it's well done. Nice work capturing the emotions of the boy - he's aware of his problem and desires to change. You portrayed that well.
A very well written story. The opening paragraphs hooked me and kept me reading. This has the potential for a much longer story. Well done as usual Josh.
03/02/09
Yes, my friend, you have definitely "still got it". Where's the rest of the saved werewolf story??? We're waiting....

Really good job.
03/02/09
An excellent job of portraying a tormented soul! It certainly seemed that it could be the beginning of a much longer story about the redemption of Lucian. Well done!
Nice. I liked it. It's different and you did good portraying the inner struggles and real conflicts of his transformation. Nice. And I liked the nameplay on light, cute.
03/03/09
Not your usual write Josh, you're noramlly into comedy. This peice just goes to show that you can write just about anything. I particularly liked how you showed fear in the boy; I really felt it and for my money I think you've excelled yourself.
03/03/09
Oooo, prickly goodness! A bold piece for the challenge, and well done for its genre. Diggin' the change up! ;)
03/03/09
Excellent writing and very compelling story. The MC has a war going on, inside and out. Different style. Fresh, on subject. Good job!
Mona
wow what an amazing story. Have read quite a bit about werewolfs. Very interesting that only a silver bullet can kill them.
Great stuff and well done.
Blessings,
03/04/09
Incredibly visual and engaging piece, Josh. Love his name, and the details. I DIDN'T hate it, by the way :D
03/04/09
I'm cringing, and shuddering, and I want to cover my eyes. Shame on you, this piece is just too creepy and eerie, but I couldn't look away. I had to read right to the end... and now I feel so much pain for Lucian... sigh. Josh, this is some seriously excellent writing.