The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1414 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Perfect title!!! Good story.
02/23/09
Great double meaning in the title, and excellent writing.
02/23/09
I felt like I was right there in the action. New life coming into the world when so many were dying - what a contrast. So sad.
My heart literally went out to Dharam. I could feel the conflict as his journey back to his wife began, but the line that stuck out the most was when he looked up and saw the sky. That is so true. You did an excellent job here. I enjoyed this.
02/25/09
Such rich descriptions and such pain expressed expertly. Love the title, and the details. Wonderful.
You took me straight into a tumultuous time in India's history with your story...well done.
I've always enjoyed history, and I really appreciate the way you brought this piece of history to life. It is sad how much strife there has been throughout the world, just by the boundaries created by men.
Excellent job!
02/25/09
A very touching story with descriptions that draw the reader into the story. I can't imagine.
02/25/09
Superb setting, dialogue, and emotions created a marvelous backdrop to this historical tale. Captivating!
02/25/09
Fantastic piece (and a brutal lesson of history). The switching between the two MC's was smooth and well done. Great title and ending.
02/26/09
A well-written and tense account of separation at a time of fear and unrest.
The one part of your story that I couldn't follow was the train being filled with dead bodies - were these wounded people who had died on route OR passengers gunned down in transit OR murdered corpses shoved on to the train for repatriation to India? Otherwise a harrowing reminder that life has to go on (and indeed be born) during the worst of circumstances
Very moving story. Well done.
It is so interesting to learn of the hardships that others have endured, also very sad.
Norms
06/03/10
Seema, I'm going to feature this beautiful story in the Front Page Showcase for the week of June 14. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!
06/15/10
The characters came alive on the page and pulled me right into the story! I felt like I was right there with them. I also loved learning about the 'birth pains' of India. You have a wonderful and special writing gift!
Congratulations on being this weeks Featured Writer!