The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1324 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a bunch of GUYS! Enjoyed the character development and introduction to ghetto water! Yuck. There is something about their dreaming - unrealistic as it is - that makes me remember what it feels like to be young and impetuous and hopeful.....
07/28/05
He-he-he, I can't stop rolling. This is so funny. If you hear some kids talk--it's serious. Really captured the heart of youthful dreams. God bless ya, littlelight
07/28/05
Ha! I loved this. (and I'm sure I know who wrote this humorous piece!) The characters were well drawn out, writing was excellent.
BTW - In high school I knew a von too (not sure if his name was capitalized or not). :-)
Great entry!
Blessings, Lynda
Very cute...von reminds me of a good friend I used to have. Thanks for sharing!
This is so well done I believe it. I can just see this group of teenage guys sitting around planning their big tour in mom's minivan -- even with a side trip to Arizona for some really rich girl who probably has a vehicle and might play bass. Every detail from writing on the cereal box to the "ghetto water" is believable. Great fun! I hope Mom's minivan is still intact. :)
And I can just see these guys heading to Arizona after sweet talkin' good ole Mom out of her minivan! Haha! Fun read!
07/29/05
Reminds me of a plan a buddy and I once had to hit every ball park in the US one summer. Bad choice trying to invite a couple of Mennonite girls along, though! ROFL! Never did quite work out. Excellent writing. Very realistic. As always, polished to perfection.
07/29/05
The seriousness of youth when it comes to their plans even if they're unrealistic. The writing, however, was realistic and vivid.
07/30/05
I think I met all these guys in college lol :) A fun read.
07/30/05
Fun and well written! It reminds me of my own youth when I would make any excuse for a road trip.
Fun read! I especially loved the part about von's name--I was indeed looking at you funny!! :-D
08/03/05
Hey, I know these guys! Band practice was at our house 'cos my son was the drummer. Realistic characters and dialogue. A fun read.