The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1281 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/08
My pet hate is treading in dog muck. Sorry couldn't get into it! Thanks all the same! Col.

Blessings for Christmas!
12/14/08
Okay, this is very different. Extremely different. I'm not sure how on-topic you were. I do have to say, though, it was out-of-the-box. Not your usual Christmas story.
Yes, this definitely was just a tad different. Maybe a little too 'out of the box'. However, I can see what you are getting at; and yes, Christ came because of the 'mess' we got ourselves into and don't have the ability to clean ourselves up.


I love the clever wordplay, and the Seuss-Grinch-like phrases. It took me two reads but I think I see where you are coming from. We have to look at - really see - the crap in our lives before the potential for new life can be realized. And Christ covers up our crap, washes us white as snow.

I did find it hard to believe that Timmy had been storing his...potential...in the wall for years and his parents never smelled the evidence? Small matter - doesn't affect the meaning of your story..or does it? I never know with you, brother. :)
12/17/08
Humanity involves sweat and poo and snot and all sorts of ickiness--or it wouldn't be a true Incarnation, would it? I gotcha.
Once I got past the title, which drew my interest and grossed me out at the same time. . . , I actually really like this. It is an interesting way to sum up the "reason for the season", but I absolutely appreciate the intentional message here.
12/18/08
Very interesting POV. The message is right on. I got it.