The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1104 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/28/08
Bravely told story that must let a lot of young women know what forgiveness means, that there is life after a mistake. Such an important story to tell.
What a gripping story and great MC characterization. I felt I knew her and was glad it had a happing ending with forgiveness.
12/01/08
My favorite people in this story are her wonderful, forgiving parents.

I'm not sure if the last line (from the carol) needs to be there...or if you really wanted a carol there, maybe there's a line more in keeping with the "forgiveness" theme of the story.

I like the stream-of-consciousness voice of this.

I was hoping, because of the title, that she would go home. What a tough subject to write about - but you handled it very well. :)
12/03/08
Good job handling a very tough subject. Thank the Lord for the forgiving love of parents. Good job.
Moving commentary of what we put ourselves through when trying to run from sin- how futile and destructive. Your story shows how important it is for parents to "place" these "Christian" memories in the lives of our children, so when they "run" they will be able to draw from these truths. :)