The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1627 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/06/08
I love everything about this piece: the voice, the unique Christmas light idea, and the message it sends. I'm tempted to try it myself ;)
11/07/08
I liked this. You did a really good job with exposing your characters. A unique idea that took sacrifice (yours) and blessing (God's) to make it something special. A good testimony.
Your voice in this was perfect for the telling of a wonderful Christmas tale. THanks
11/10/08
This was well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Engaging story! I enjoyed the voice you used, and all the little nuggets, including, "He's into Jesus and barbecue chicken in that order."
11/10/08
Oh, this is wonderful!! What an engaging piece - every last word. :)
11/10/08
This was a really fun read, I liked the voice of your MC, well done!
11/11/08
What a great take on the topic and a beautiful message to boot. I enjoyed your young, country voice for the MC. There were a couple of places where you left the 'g' attached to the 'ing' word. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but you might want to be consistent either way. Fun, enjoyable read. Great Job!
What a wonderful, very well written story. It gives the true meaning of Christmas Lights. Great Job!
11/11/08
I had to laugh when I read, "I feared Dad had lost his ever-lovin mind". This is such a creative entry... and I LOVE the story. Great work!!
11/11/08
My kids have a Dad as nutty about Jesus as that. A very original story. I like the way the kids started off very embarrassed but still went for it, and then were blessed to their boots when it worked out. Too often Christians let their embarrassment stop them doing crazy things, and then miss out on seeing God respond in amazing ways.
11/11/08
Very creative story....quite delightful!
11/12/08
Wonderful ideas here--excellent writing. I love this line: Dad told us pass out the flyers, and my sis and me waited till no cars were in the driveway, leavin the flyer on their door and then runnin for our lives. God bless you.
11/12/08
Great story and the characterizations of the Dad by the MC are descriptive and full! I laughed when I read the line about having a dad who really listens to the sermons!
11/12/08
Oh, I love the characterization and voice - especially of the MC (and Dad!). I could picture this. To me, the last paragraph seemed to change tone a bit - but it could be my impression only. Very nice - especially for someone who is "working on" their fiction!
You have a very nice "gift" for fiction. You developed your characters well,kept the plot moving right along, and "zinged" it up with some humor. All-around excellent story.
Well written and creative. I think this is a very good story.
Congratulation on your win in Level 3 and your EC. Love the humor!
11/13/08
Yay, Dianne! Super congrats on your win and EC! See you in Level 4! :)
11/13/08
Beautiful, just beautiful. Well written with great characterizations. Awesome message and so creative. Did I mention that is was beautiful? Thanks for writing this!
11/14/08
Wow--you managed to be both funny and profound. Excellent message and laugh-out-loud details. Congrats!
11/14/08
What can I say on top of all that's been said? I was profoundly touched by the message, so engagingly written. Has that real touch of Christmas on it that makes one feel that Christmas has really come - not just "tinsel and tree-time". Congratulations! A real Master piece.