The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1937 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a beautiful story - not only of cookie baking, but the real meaning of Christmas giving! It will be "forever" before the woman whose husband lost his job and her children forget this very special Christmas gift.
10/27/08
What a thoughtful tale. We often can get lost in our own celebration and forget the challenges of others. I did have a little difficulty picturing the characters in the beginning. At first I thought the to ladies were teenage girls. It might have just been me however. Thanks for sharing meaningful story.
The technology and the Mercedes caught my attention in this, but then I was woke up to reality by the people needing help. A good reminder to never forget those in need during the holidays (or any other time for that matter).
10/29/08
I love the scene you set with this… "large, puffy snowflakes" the "Wii-Phone" and "High-Definition Television" with the classic black and white, "It's a Wonderful Life". Thanks for the reminder too. Nice work on this!
10/29/08
Great contrasts (could have worked for carols topic too) and good heart!
What's Christmas without a baking session with kids? Love the ending. I knew right away the women were privileged. Nicely done.
I loved the Christmas Carols. A wonderful reminder of the message of Christ... To love one another and be there for your neighbor in need. Thank you for sharing this.
This entry is very timely with the state of our economy. Thanks for the reminder.
10/29/08
Sounds like a "divine" interruption to me. Well written.
10/29/08
What a wonderful, well written story. Thanks for the smile and for showing us the true meaning of Christmas.
Your story had many interesting elements and it kept my attention. Good job! I loved the desription other 5 golden rings cookies. Yum.
10/30/08
Delightful story with all the sweet stuff. Good job on topic with a creative flare. ;)
10/30/08
Great reminder of the things that really matter. Excellent work!