The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1235 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this reminder of how being patient for God's timing is blessed.

I presume the last line was supposed to read
"She loved his Mom, too."
08/28/08
I like this. We make our plans, but God has His own plans and perfect timing. I like the way you showed the son's attitude on doing errands and knowing God has plans by the end of the story. Very nicely done.
08/29/08
This is wonderful!

My only tiny suggestion: we didn't really have a clue to Cody's age until the flashback, and I was picturing him much, much younger...a teen, even a pre-teen. Had to do some mental gymnastics to catch up.

Love the twists and turns, and the great last line. Super story!
This one is very sweet... I love a good romance... :-)
08/30/08
What a great love story:) Have a sequel in the works? Hope so!
Laury
09/01/08
So cute!!! Such gilded meaning in Stephanie's comment about angels in the snow, sort of like making lemonade from lemons is one of my takes on it. My only criticism is that I want to see/be shown the transformation from people who are strangers to people who become attracted to one another. Too much is placed on mom at that point. Let me see a touch, a glance, a comical incident, something specific and more direct to show us the fire that lights the spark between these two so that I can appreciate the playfulness at the end even more. Love the title!!
09/01/08
Yes, God does have a plan; a plan for you to write this story for instance. I wondered if it would end like it did and wasn't at all disappointed. Will there be a sequel? Sure hope so 'cause I like your writing!
09/02/08
I loved this story! I think the flashback could be more smoothly introduced, and the focus stay more on Cody throughout the story - maybe write from first person to make it more consistent? Great job - I definitely wanted to see more of that story!
09/02/08
Good things come to those who wait—patiently. Well done.
Oh, man. This was an awesome story! I loved how God worked everything out in Cody's life and sent him the right woman. I too would like to know what happens after this story ends. Is it based on a true story perhaps? ;)
09/03/08
Appealing characters and plot! I love a good love story and this looks like the start of one. (I, too, wanted more emphasis on the MC, but I'm partial to first person. (; ) Enjoyed reading this very much!
Cute story. I loved it. It didn't seem to be missing things to me. I followed it quite well.
09/03/08
Very sweet, Marita! I enjoy a good love story and would love to read more about these too!
09/04/08
Congratulations on 3rd place! this is excellent!!!! ;)
09/04/08
What a sweet story! I really enjoyed it. It's not always easy to wait for God's timing, but when we do, He never lets us down. Great job and congrats on placing!
09/05/08
I love this! The characterizations were perfect...especially the mom, she cracked me up. Excellent writing!