The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1770 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/05
You did a good job describing the emotions. I had to read the paragraph beginning 'when younger' three times before I understood which men were which, but enjoyed the piece.
06/13/05
This was a bittersweet story, well told. Holding on to hope can be hard. Your son is a blessing - as he reminds you of who your father really is inside.
06/14/05
This reminds me of my Grandpa (I wrote about him and Grandma in my birthday entry). He also could fix anything, but most of all he was a godly example, just like in your story. I could really relate to this one. Thank you for sharing!!!
06/15/05
A lovely story of a godly, praying grandmother showing God’s promise of blessing to the Nth generation and of eternal hope for the believer. The emotions of you narrator are well depicted and believable. The nuances behind phrases like ‘Who is the little girl?” say all we need to know about Jim so succinctly. Thank you for sharing this encouraging story.
06/15/05
A lovely story of a godly, praying grandmother showing God’s promise of blessing to the Nth generation and of eternal hope for the believer. The emotions of you narrator are well depicted and believable. The nuances behind phrases like ‘Who is the little girl?” say all we need to know about Jim so succinctly. Thank you for sharing this encouraging story.
06/16/05
I'm such a fan of your writing, Suzanne. Very well written, a light tone to it with a deep, underlying message. Loved every word.
Blessings, Lynda
06/16/05
Loved the tone, loved the story, loved the message. Thank you.
06/16/05
Our ulitmate destination from birth is Eternity with Christ - it's a long wait for some with adventure and twists and turns along the way - the story conveys how God has been Present in this family down through generations - well done. Enyoyed the "visit" with the family to see "Great-Grandfather" - enjoyable read! :)
06/16/05
Contrasting the younger and older generation worked beautifully. This is a wonderful read with a solid message of truth.
06/17/05
Great legacy indeed with much meaning.Well written.Bravo...
I like how you tied in the struggles the grandfather is going through as he ages with the things Belle is learning as she grows up. Well done!
06/20/05
Wonderful story, message and writing!