The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1417 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/02/08
Incredible. I read it out loud and it flowed perfectly for me. The qualities you chose to highlight were exceptional, and the way you built in the beginning and came down in the end was fascinating. I loved this!
05/05/08
This is very nice; a unique way of creating a tribute that's neither maudlin nor unsympathetic. Just right.
05/06/08
This poem has a wonderful sense of balance. You portrayed a loving, devoted mother very well. Beautiful flow.
05/06/08
Oooh, I love the nod to Shakespeare! This really appealed to me.

One thing threw me a bit--sitting on her mother's lap? But the rest of it seemed to be written from a male POV.

Love the imagery here, and the frank sentimentality.
The watching, listening and learning tell us so much about this mother. Wonderful thoughts you have capture on paper. Thanks and keep it up!
05/07/08
Lovely - very good imagery, and it flowed very nicely. Enjoyed this :)
Love the title and it flows for me. I especially like the 8th stanza.
Love the poem! Sentimental without getting mushy, and a comfortable rhythm & flow.
I could picture someone standing on a stage or outdoors in front of a large crowd of people shouting this tribute for all to hear. I really enjoyed this tribute to your mother. Fictional or true, either way, it was very good, and I really enjoyed reading it. :)