The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1621 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/06/05
This is a beautifully descriptive work. i loved it and the promise.
06/07/05
The resurrection festival sounds well-named and well-timed. Very descriptive peice. The cold sounded something like our winters - sometimes dipping to -40.
06/07/05
And informative and enjoyable read. Well constructed story with lots of atmosphere. Love the list, very descriptive and powerful. Great connection between the hope of the gospel and the knowledge that after winter we get spring!
06/08/05
Informative and descriptive, you can probably sell and expanded version of this.
06/09/05
Well done Ms. Scarlet, great writing here :)(Hope it's you, don't know anyone else whose been to China :))
06/10/05
Wow -what an amazing experience! The description of winter almost made me wish I was there -with our muggy weather this week -almost. I enjoyed this very much and loved the comparison of the seasons to our condition of sin and then of salvation.
I like the way you compared the holiday in China with how it is celebrated elsewhere, and the relationship between the resurrection and new life! Excellent writing and imagery.
06/11/05
Awesome, Suzanne! Don't forget about that Chinese article you owe me for "Tis the Season"! :-) I love your work and this one's no exception.
Blessings, Lynda
06/11/05
Wow - you did a good job of taking us to a place we have never been, to a place of worship we have never experienced, to where, "the buds are indeed out and hope is real." Thanks - well done!
What a great picture of China! I ejoyed this--well done!

"Easter in China isn’t named after some pagan god for fertility. Christians celebrate the ‘Resurrection Festival’. Chocolate rabbits and eggs are rare." I wish it was like this in the States. :)
A beautiful article...I agree with Dub, I think it will sell. Thanks so much for sharing it. I can't fathom a winter like the one you described, but I can easily imagine how welcome Spring is in that setting. Very interesting and descriptive. Excellent.
06/13/05
So beautiful. A real winner in my book.
Suzanne, this was a treat to read! Thank you for expanding my understanding of China and the Christian faith there.