The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1218 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A beautifully written poem, given even more depth by your explanation below. I love how you used the imagery of stitches and knitting.
04/11/08
Lovely poem...great imagery, tied in nicely with the author's note.
Did you write this one for me? My Grandma passed away last summer, and the poem moved me to tears... Thank you...
Let me also add that this is breathtakingly beautiful, and I think did a wonderful job "stitching" it together...

This is a jewel, the best I've read so far...
Love and prayer are the yarn worth knitting! Wonderful!
04/12/08
Your poetry is beautiful. I loved everything about this. I love these refrains, "Kiss light the lips of morn’s moist face -- Grandson duels with death’s embrace." Your postscript put it all together for me so that on a second read it was even more lovely. Thank you.
I love the warmth of the poem and the rich imagery. Beautiful!
04/14/08
Oh my, oh my...this poem made me cry, it's so exquisite. Wow...
04/14/08
Absolutely lovely. I just got chills (in a good way) :)
Beautifully moving. So full of love. What a wonderful Grandmother, stitching prayers around her grandson. Superb!
This is very, very special! The format and the post script at the bottom. I loved the repeating line with

"Purl two together through back loop."

That made this seem real for me. Great job! ^_^
04/18/08
Congratulations, Henry, on placing 9th in your level and 25th overall. Great work!