The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1095 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/08
Ooooooooh! I love this! (LoL--I spent six years in Ecuador and the last three of those years our house was across the road from from a farm--they grew mangoes. LoL) Your descriptions were great and I would love to hear more of this story!!
I should have figured it out from the first sentence, but it has been a long day. This was a very real read to me. Dean and Deana, love that too.
You really drew me in to this slice of life story. (Pun intended.)
You transitioned flawlessly from the tension of competing for the last bag of mangos, to the awkwardness, to sharing of deep pain, to the chuckle at the end. You made me fall in love with your characters in less than five minutes. I wonder what role mangos will have at their wedding/reception?
03/15/08
Such a beautiful 'meeting' of the minds - and all because of your Title, "Mangoes"; I do so hope this is non-fiction, as it is a delightful story of two people and their needs...lovely story, and written well. Thanks for the smile!
The title "Mangoes" suck-ered me in. I love mangoes with a passion. What a delightful story. I also hope it's not a fiction. I can imagine mango flavoured ice cream cake at their reception. Great characters. I loved the way they warmed to one another. Good job!