The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1049 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I wonder if this is a true story... you sure have gotten into the characters heads if it's not. This feels like a very real situation and real responses.. very sweet.
03/08/08
I love this story. Its such a tender account between father and daughter. I also love how you showed us the silver lining of being ill because there is that silver lining. Sometimes it does have to be pointed out to us, though! Thank you for doing that pointing! Very good writing!
Laury
I enjoyed your story. It was very creative to build the plot around a child's misunderstanding, and I loved the way the dad prayed and showed his daughter how easy it is to pray.
03/08/08
Such a sweet story. I like the dialogue, the prayers, everything.
Oh, so sweet! I loved the character of Tanya and the way that she and her dad interacted. You did so well with their characters! My only note, is that I thought Tanya was older at first, since the dad seemed to old to begin with, maybe make the timeline a little clearer, because I was surprised to find that she was only 4 years old. Otherwise, great writing-and congrats on your highly commended.
03/13/08
VERY nice, Mo - I could relate to this with our family. Very, VERY touching and well-written account. Congrats on your highly commended!