The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1806 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/08
This is a very tender story of kept promises. Wonderful writing. Great job!
Laury
02/29/08
Exceptional writing with amazing descriptions throughout. Moving.
03/03/08
Wonderful story that hit's me close to home. I really liked it.
Thanks for the hint or I may have missed this one. I loved it! This is my favorite part "The confident “amen” lingered in the room"
keep writing.
03/04/08
This is great! It could easily be a whole novel, yet it reads as "complete."
Just wonderful! What a difficult decision, and what an great example of faithfulness in her listening to God's promptings and acting on them. Love this story. :)
03/04/08
I feel as though I have peeked into a moment of someone's life, so vivid were the descriptions and feelings. I was so hoping God was going to work it out for her to go but you ended it just perfect Seema. I loved reading this 'slice of life.'
03/04/08
Wonderful, warm story. I anticipated a different ending, so you surprised at least one person at the end. Good work.
03/04/08
An endearing and heartwarming story, one of my favorites this week!

A tender, moving story. I like that after praying, she found William's short letter. Nicely written story that is true to topic.
03/04/08
This is absolutely loving, captivating. You do wonderfully with these period pieces.
This was a captivating and well written story and I could see this being a book for sure.
This is so good on so many levels - all the way from seeking God in prayer and the importance of keeping our word in the most difficult of circumstances. The writing is supberb and I didn't want the story to end.
This is an excellent historical story. You made the MC's dilemma so real and her choice just right for this topic.
03/06/08
I love period pieces. So beautifully descriptive. I'm sure the MC will be blessed for her decision.
03/06/08
I loved it. I could picture it sitting on a Barnes and Noble bookshelf with all the other historical pieces.
Keeping a promise. Wow. I'm glad that she did keep her word and I especially liked how she was sitting alone and pulling the petals off the daisy. You did well with that! ^_^
Wonderful story. I love reading this style. Yes, could definitely be made into a novel with all the adventures of family life on the farm. Well done!
This too is outstanding. I can definitely see the makings of a wonderful novel. You are quite talented.