The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1749 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
HAHAHA... too funny! Sounds like something I would do! Very well written and entertaining.
02/22/08
Your entry is very entertaining...and probably hits home to a lot of us. :) I love the "We're going to starve" proclamation. And the "neat and simple" section, "My problem was that I had thought we’d defined our roles from the start. He worked. I spent...He mowed the yard. I built planters he had to go around." The Turkey vs Crow Thanksgiving Dinner was super cute. Very nice work.
Heehee! I didn't see that ending coming with throwing the turkey out, I thought the stove would explode or something. lol. I loved the MC in this-and the different between the husband at first and then later. ^_^
02/24/08
Wonderful story and written right on!
02/25/08
Wonderful voice--love the wit.
Too funny! This was a great story. I just loved the humour... "Shields up! Battle stations!" and the bird still flapping its wings the next afternoon. Well done!
02/26/08
I like all the clipped sentences in this piece, especially:
"I invited the whole family over.
Everyone.
From both sides. " (Aaargh! LOL!)
The pacing and humor kept me engaged throughout. I like this.
Wonderful take on the topic. I'm glad my first bird came out ok. If this is a true sharing I really appreciate the candiness of this piece.
Your title was great, and the first line pulled me right into the story. Very well paced and well written throughout. I enjoyed it tremendously!
02/27/08
Great job! So funny and I can relate!
Laury
02/27/08
Funny story. Your main character has a great voice in this piece.
Well written piece and so funny! Loved it. I am not a kitchen person, so I really appreciated this piece.
: ) : ) : ) So, witty and funny and lifted my spirits. I could just see everything, it was all so true to life. Great job!
So much fun! So well written!
07/01/09
Hanne, I'm going to feature this delightful story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of July 26. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page...and congratulations!
07/29/09
This was just delightful - loved every minute of it. Imagine the nerve of him... humpf. Great piece - witty, entertaining and just plain fun.
07/29/09
Hilarious! The best humor is filled with truth and this was no exception...haven't we all done something like this at one time or another? Fantastic piece.
07/31/09
this piece was well written and very entertaining!!!! thank u for sharing!!!
So glad this got featured. I enjoyed it very much. Nicely written!!!
08/04/09
This was comedic perfection! Bravo!