The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1339 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love it! This was so much fun to read. I loved the Charlie-isms.
Loved the fun and the puns.
Great title and what a character. You are indeed blessed if he is real.
02/08/08
A fun read. I'll bet you had a blast writing this. Great title too.
02/10/08
Creative and entertaining. Enjoyed the read. God bless.
02/10/08
Hilarious! I'm a huge fan of all manner of word play, and this is simply outstanding. I've got to give you props for kind of skirting the rules a bit, too, in a fun way. Love this piece.
Very clever and fun. I'm impressed with the twists on the well known sayings. Great writing!
I kept wondering how and when you would nail the topic. You did it brilliantly. But then, I'm not the sharpest knife in the chandelier.
02/11/08
LoL. This is purely wonderful and Charlie is sooooo endearing! I love that play on words. So fun!
Charlie is a very endearing and lovable charactor. I really enjoyed your entry!
02/11/08
"Don't count your chickens before they're hacked"-hilarious! Very clever and I love this man-what a hoot he would be! Fun story.
Cute and clever. I always admire people that can come with these type of witty on-spot remarks. Reminds me a bit of a Roger Dangerfield.
02/12/08
This was so much fun. And kukos for being so clever at NOT saying what we were all waiting for.
02/13/08
What a great entry. It was totally fun. I couldn't wait to read the next Charlie-ism. Very good work on this!
02/13/08
Creative, delightful and sooo well written!!
02/14/08
The story's great ... but the title is the best part for me! Caught my attention and drew me right in! Very well done!
This is witty and wonderfully charming. I am a believer in cousin Charlie...so don't tell me if he's just a fiction of the imagination!!
I love this story, Shelly. Charlie is an endearing character.
Couldn't help but laugh at his Charlieism's. And I like how you kept on topic at the end and how he didn't want stock from a tobacco company.
Very nicely done

Celeste