The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1171 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/08
Thank you for sharing such a lovely story. The point can't be driven home enough--we need to focus on what really matters in life--relationships between family, relationships with God. Thanks again.
02/03/08
Lovely - message, descriptions, and all of it. A wonderful reminder delicately written.
Beautiful writing style. And I can see it as a devotional, great message.
02/05/08
…Maybe we can even learn to spend more of our time pursuing true treasure instead its pale imitations.

Perfect. And a lovely, lovely tribute. Very moving.

02/06/08
Wow! What a great tribute to your mom. I feel privileged to be able to share this intimate moment with you. Great writing!
Laury
the best writing comes from the heart. This was a fine example of the best writing!
This is simply beautiful-a wonderful tribute to your mother! I like how you started out with the snow, it gave a special, kind of 'magical' feel to it-complete with goosebumps. Wonderful writing! ^_^
Shelley, thank you for sharing your heart with us. My prayers are with you, your dad, and all of the family.
First my condolences to you and your family for your loss of such a lovely soul.

Your writing has certainly blessed this reader with your dad's story; and it does help to keep the vision before us. It brings to mind another verse 2 Corinthians 4:18 "So, we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is not seen. FOr what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

By the way, I love the allegory of the playful dogs - great insight!
Not much tears my eyes, but this one sure did. I appreaciate you sharing. Blessings to you and your family.
What a tender, moving testimony. May God be with you as you and your family go on, until you meet up with her again.
02/12/08
So powerfully written. I agree with your premise and the need for us to keep this world in its proper perspective. Wonderful work!