The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1606 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
All who have the "procrastination gene" can identify with the problem and chuckle at the solution in this story, and everybody can just enjoy the read.
01/11/08
;)
Ok, I'll admit it: I have the procrastination gene--now please promise not to do this to me!! :)

I really like this--I'll have to try this on my kids! Good one!! :) :) Hugs! (sure hope you are who I think you are! lol)
01/11/08
Ingenious. Did you ever pull this on your kids?
ROFL! I think my entire family can relate to this one. My older bro in particular. LOL. Love the lesson here and the classic example. The wall of snow was hilarious, I was laughing by the time I got there. Great job with this! SO on topic! ^_^
01/12/08
Hey, my son has that gene, too! His dad has put his games away in a box more than once until the room gets cleaned, etc. Funny read and realistic, in a house with teens anyway!
I enjoyed your entry very much--very inventive.
01/13/08
Clever and fun. Very creative take on "the procrastination gene" remedy.

I don't feel like you need the last paragraph - it kind of made the ending sizzle, at least in my opinion.

I could have used this "remedy" when I was a teen! Keep writing.
01/14/08
You held my interest and pulled me right into this delightful story! Right on topic!
So right on, I'm so glad RObbie got the message! This moved like I was in the family, enjoyed it very much.
Ouch. My son inherited this from many generations...not only procrastination, but clutter. Ugh. Delightful story I will share with my kids. I do believe this topic will be inspiring to re-read before spring cleaning. Well done.
I loved this story - very nicely done. I have to say my favorite part was the snow blocking the door, because I've seen that done fairly recently. I just had to laugh.
01/14/08
Excellent! Love the family dynamics here--they obviously love each other a great deal, and you've made their dialogue very realistic.

Consider ending it right when Grandpa says "Well, I've been meaning to shave but I just haven't had the time." That's a great punchline, and it ties in well with your title.

Cute story--I like the piled-up snow and the note.
01/14/08
Oh, I loved this story. You wove in the topic with love and laughter. Great characters and wonderful dialogue. Very creative solution for procrastination, too.
I got it too and I don't know who gave it to me. Mom and Dad both embrace the do things before they need doing idealogy. Where did I come from?

Boy that must have been a lot of trouble making such a big mess. But it was worth it and a neat way to bring home the stitch in time lesson. Really cute story.
Very fun story! I'm not sure how messing up the whole house helped with his lesson, but I loved picturing his look of shock. I also love the snow at the front door.
01/18/08
I love this story!!!! I don't know if I have this gene or not, but I certainly need some sort of 12-step program for my problem in this area. Very well done.