The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1332 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/07
The interaction between these women is so real, so touching. This is a beautiful piece that truly warmed my heart.
11/15/07
I love this story and can relate. I went on a mission trip to Mexico and connected to the ministers' wife there. You showed us it's possible to encourage one another even while speaking two different languages:)
Laury
Excellent message and presentation. Having gone overseas for missions, I too can relate. Thanks.
Wow - I loved this heartwarming tale. Encouragement that goes against language barriers, shared between these two sisters - wonderful!
11/19/07
Beautiful story. You've told it very well. Muy Bien!
11/19/07
Excellent story and message. Loved the title. Your opening sentenced seemed a lil awkward to me and finding out your MC was a female in paragraph four, caught me be surprise a lil. But these are just minor things that did not interfer with the creative and masterful tale you shared with us. I appreciate the heart of the piece. Keep up the outstanding work. God bless.
11/19/07
What a lovely, lovely story. Moving and tender, very sweet.
11/19/07
I found this to be very realistic. It would be easy to become discouraged under such alien circumstances, but God made a way for them to find common ground and to minister to each other.
11/19/07
I enjoyed reading this story. Sometimes, encouragement transcends languages.
11/19/07
Ohhhh! I loved it! I love the phrase about "hearing with her heart". Christians don't need words to have communion!
11/20/07
Beautiful! Full of warmth and very spiritual, too. I love the two characters and the way they are able to connect.
I can't think of a better word of praise for your story than heart-warming. I could really feel the warmth of Jesus' love flowing between these two ladies. Your title also was absolutely perfect.
This reminds me of one of my favorite series-The sisterchicks. This is so real, the connection and especially the ending.
Well done and shows that love (and encouragment) is the same in any language.
This left me teary eyed. It is so sweet with such a touching message. I chuckled at the ladies sharing the lines of the hymn. Good work!
You did an excellent job on this entry. Wonderful writing.