The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1229 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Silas won my heart completely in this wonderful story of an evangelist in a different time.
11/09/07
Good story. I liked the slightly different rhythms in the dialogues. Well done.
11/09/07
Lovely descriptions, authentic dialogue, great story!
We owe much to those itinerant preachers who sacrificed to bring God's word to folk who would never hear it any other way. Excellent job!
11/13/07
This story won my heart! I loved your descriptive beginning and the tender ending. Entries that have children telling or receiving the gospel or lessons from His Word are always especially interesting to me. Just fabulous!
11/14/07
I love these stories! and who can resist a little child tugging on you with that particular request?! You're great a capturing the feel of the moment. :-) Hugs!!
AS I began reading this, I got more and more excited. I come from a long line of preachers, and one was a "Shouting Methodist" circuit rider. I've written about him, but never for the challenge. I think our preachers would have gotten along very well. This is just a wonderful entry with great sense of place and great voice. Excellent.
11/14/07
My favorite era and a topic that intrigues me-what more could I ask for? Wonderful yarn. I could smell the campfire.
Great opening paragraph and the rest of the story did not disappoint. Very enjoyable read and wonderful message.