The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1544 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/07
Cute story, good dialogue work. Thanks for posting.
08/24/07
"And a little child shall lead them …" Isn't that kind of faith wonderful. Good work.
Love the story...so sweet and well told.
08/25/07
This is a tender story told in a charming way. But it sure is sad! I'm glad the girls were able to share a good moment at the end, and to know their mother is rejoicing with Jesus!
Wow...I've got tears in my eyes. Isn't true how God's ways can bring much confusion because they aren't our ways? This is a sweet story. I liked the hopeful ending. Nicely written. Good job.
08/28/07
Wonderful story. Well done.
08/30/07
I know that this was written from the heart. I felt such a connection to these darling little girls. Bless you for sharing this with us dear friend. Jusus does love us. Hugs:)
08/30/07
Oh what a lovely story! The title is just perfect. It's certainly a piece that touches the heart!
08/30/07
Great job showing Becky's struggle with something that most of us, like Abby, would be afraid to even think. Abby had some good advise for having more questions than answers. I really enjoyed Eva.
Edy, this is not only deeply moving, but beautifully crafted. "Jesus lied"...a real attention-grabber of an opening. Then closing with "Jesus loves me, this I know"--out of the mouths of babes! And I'm taken with the way you developed the backstory through very believable, fast-paced dialogue. Thanks for a poignant story-sermon on the great human question!
09/12/07
Well done, again, Edy. If only adults could have the same trust and insight as children.

I'd like to see some of the inner thoughts of the older characters added both before and after the "visit". I think it would add much to this story - and, of course, the number of words to the challenge criteria.

Keep writing and God bless.
11/06/09
This is exactly the kind of writing we need to see...not afraid to talk about the REAL questions...and the answers WE receive. For God answers each of us individually in His own way. Loved the story, and it's true, we often learn through our "babes".