The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1542 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/04/07
What a great reminder this is about the hope we have in eternal life with Christ!

I would have briefly, even in just a sentence or two, revealed why the narrator was so sad.

I liked the transition from the serious to the hopeful and happy ending.
I love how you used the country songs to show sadness. Aren't you glad that Jesus arose, Peter was forgiven, and even if you cry, you have eternal hope?
08/05/07
I like the tie in to your title. The songs remind me of "Penny Serenade", and is a realistic way that people remember the past. Lonely, sad story. The last line adds the punch of hope the redeemed can count on!
08/05/07
Great message well delivered. I felt the despair, but was blessed by the hope.
Oh, I like this! I love how you have taken the character through the years at a coffee shop serenaded by a juke box and showed the evolved time with prices and song choices,etc. This could have remained sad and depressing but you used the scriptures and comparisons in the Bible well and shined down some hope for all of us. I liked your bits of bittersweet type of humor-Keep on writing, bravo.