The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1176 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
Very good entry. Pithy. Love how you allude to the hopeful event yet kept the story where it needed to be and ended it prior to the discovery.
08/03/07
"It is finished"...the debt has been paid. The only flaw that I might change would be to capitalize "Him"...as a deity in the last part of entry. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
You did a good job of telling a complete and wonderful story in a few words.
08/05/07
Short, but oh so full of hope. (I guess that's because we know how the story ends!) Nice.
Very good entry with wonderful message because we know how it ends.
08/06/07
Taking the story right up to the moment when all of human history is changed is a great idea! Good narration and an interesting take on the topic.
08/06/07
Excellent! More "voice-overs" like this could be combined for an Easter pageant, in the voices of different people involved in the story.
I wrote a story about this once! :-o Definitely a weighty topic, thinking the Savior is gone and hope is lost. And I love the irony of us knowing what the MC is only about to find out, and knowing his sadness will be lifted.

I only wish it were longer. Oh well. Great job!
Great story for the topic - that brief time when His disciples thought all hope was lost. Your writing exudes sadness.
08/08/07
I LOVE this! You so captured the sadness of the "between time." Glad you DIDN'T tell the rest of the story.
WOW! THis souinds like a testimony from Mary herself! Geeze... it's really emotional. And like the last one of yours I read, it's a whole different poem when you know the outcome! Glory be to God!